Detailed study of diabetes and how CBD can be helpful in reducing diabetes complications
Diabetes can hit you at any stage of life you do not have to be old to be a diabetic patient. Diabetes is an imbalance between the blood sugar levels. The body is not able to produce insulin to transport glucose molecule during the process of energy production into the cells.
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention in the USA stating that 29.1 million people are Diabetic which is a huge number; Diabetes is further classified into two types.
What Are The Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes?
The American Diabetes Association states the two causes of the rising in blood sugar that is either body is not able to produce insulin or body is not using it properly commonly known as type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Type 1 diabetes is due to the bad health of the immune system destroying the pancreas. The pancreas is responsible for the conversion of sugar to energy for the body. Type 1 diabetes is an outcome of the genetic predisposition of a bad immune system.
Type 2 diabetes is the result of lack of proper usage of insulin by the body. However, diet, medicines, workout, and insulin can help overcome this issue.
Research states that 5–10% of diabetic patients have diabetes type-1, harming around 80,000 children yearly, and about 90% of those suffer from diabetes have type-2 diabetes.
What Are Some Frequent Complications of Diabetes?
Diabetes can prove to be a fatal disease, some of the organs it can affect are:
- eye damage
- kidney damage
- feet damage
- Alzheimer’s (Type-2 diabetes may increase risk)
- Hearing issues
- Cardiovascular dysfunction which are Chest pain, heart attack, stroke, narrowing of the arteries.
- Nerve damage
What Are The Causes of Diabetes?
The genes and infections in the environment are among the numerous reasons for diabetes. But diabetes and its succeeding complications develop as a result of oxidative stress and inflammation.
A study showed evidence of the latest discovery of the ECS “EndoCannabinoid System” signaling system that might influence reactive oxygen production, inflammation, and tissue damage.
“The exact causes of diabetes are unknown. What is known is that both types of diabetes result in excessive amounts of sugar in the bloodstream.”
However, the reasons for type 1 diabetes differ from the causes of type 2. Let’s have a quick look at some of the elements resulting in diabetes.
Genes and environmental factor count, while, talking about the Type 1 diabetes among the people. It is usually the result of viruses attacking the human body, and your body’s immune system destroys the insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas for the defense of the body. Studies by the scientist such as TrialNet are working to dig deep into the reasons and prevention of type 1 diabetes.
The type 2 diabetes is the most commonly complained form of diabetes all across the globe. Causes leading to this disease involve:
- weight gain
- lack of physical activity in daily routine like walking
- Family history and genes
- Insulin resistance which is liver and fat cells do not consume insulin. Therefore, the body requires more insulin to support glucose enter cells. Initially, pancreas generates enough insulin but with time pancreas cannot make enough insulin thus blood glucose levels rise.
What Are Some of The Risks of Diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, where your pancreas does not produce insulin the risk element in less, but this disease is rare as merely 5% of the population suffer from it.
On the contrary, type 2 in which the body is not getting enough insulin due to any reason is the most common type. Around 400 million people in the world population are diabetes patient. But the risk element in type 2 is more like people witness obesity, rich sugar diet combining inactivity, genes, age factor ( as we notice diabetes around 45 plus years).
How Can We Prevent Diabetes?
The sad news is that prevention of type 1 diabetes is impossible; however, a healthy lifestyle can help us control type 2 diabetes.
- Watch out what you eat, make sure you eat right which means low calories, less sweet and high in fiber food.
- Sustain proper levels of cannabinoids.
- Make sure you are involved in any physical activity; the walk is highly recommended for people with diabetes.
- Keep your weight under control; make sure you do not gain excess weight.
CBD Oil for Diabetes-What Does The Study Show?
How CBD affects insulin and metabolic function directly related to diabetes?
CBD needs no introduction in the world of medicines. It is also among the most studied herb of cannabis. The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) plays a vital role in diabetes. The study shows that type-2 diabetic patients have a high level of endocannabinoids (AEA & 2-AG) compared to healthy volunteers.
Natural cannabinoids, like CBD pills (cannabidiol), are shown in research having therapeutic probabilities in treating diabetes. CBD is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammation that aid in reducing neuropathic pain through the CB1 receptor by halting progression.
Activation of CB1 receptors means increased appetite and weight gain. CBD, block the CB1 receptor and help improve insulin secretion.
Numerous scientists are on research process regarding this topic, Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, a research scientist out of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, was the first one who noticed CBD receptors all over the human body, besides just the brain.
A CBD’s impact(extracted from any plant)on diabetes is positive for pain control, sugar metabolism, heart function, cell growth & death, the immune system and much more.
Top Benefits of CBD Oil for Diabetes
Years of research lead to the following points regarding the treatment of diabetes via CBD:
- The secondary CBD traced in whole plant cannabis extracts a THCV, can serve in improving glucose tolerance, lowering glucose intolerance, improve sensitivity to insulin, and improve triglyceride levels.
- CBD fight against complications caused by diabetes such as atherosclerosis builds up of plaque in arteries, cell inflammation.
- A key function CBD performs is the anti-inflammatory, as we know that obesity in Type 2 diabetics can result in limiting the efficiency of glucose metabolism. So the CBD’s anti-inflammatory property aid in fighting the metabolism disorder and trigger the overall metabolism.
- Since we have read about the nerve image side effect of diabetes, all the extreme cases of nerve damage are the result of the loss of sufficient blood flow, which ultimately ends in the breakdown of tissue and the higher risk for infection. CBD, as a result, is a federally licensed neuroprotectant and has been shown to defeat infarcts which are the areas of dead tissue due to lack of blood flow, to the extent of 30%.
- Similarly, the researchers are trying to figure out the treatment of eyes disorder and cardiovascular dysfunction caused by diabetes.
- Lastly, the CBD’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant influences can serve to defend against complications due to diabetes.
Benefits for Pre-Diabetics
We have covered up quite a lot about diabetes but what about prediabetics.is it equally beneficial? Normally pre-diabetics witness issues somehow similar to people with type 2 diabetes like irregular eating habits, obesity and lack of exercise.
Researchers have been working on this for years, and the results show that cannabis can reduce the fasting insulin level up to 16% as compared to no consumer.
Likewise, CBD consumers have 17% lesser insulin resistance and higher levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Further investigation showed that people who take CBD on a regular basis tend to have lower body mass index (BMI) also they have minimal chances of developing type 2 diabetes. CBD is not only an excellent diabetes controller but also prevent the onsets of diabetes.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Take for Diabetes?
The quantity of CBD oil for diabetes can be shown in various ways on the packaging of many brands. Often they show the number of milligrams of CBD and the total amount of drops in the bottle. It makes it clear for you to determine how many drops you need to take your daily dosage.
Furthermore, CBD concentration percentage is often shown; in this situation, you have to determine the total number of milligrams CBD the bottle holds.
For instance, if the concentration is 20% and the bottle holds 1 gram, the amount of CBD will be 20% of 1000 milligrams is 200 milligrams.
Here it is important to notify that we are estimating dosage in milligrams and not drops because drops vary in each medicine depending upon the concentrate. The patient should primarily calculate its weight and the severity of the condition. Some of the basic guidelines for staring the CBD oil as a treatment for diabetes:
- A small portion in the beginning
- Rise if the recovery dynamics are too low until you notice satisfying improvement dynamics.
- Reduce when you detect strong recovery dynamics and monitor to have the equivalent dynamics with lighter dosage.
- Retain the same dosage level if you witness good improvement dynamics and reducing effects in the weakening of the dynamics.
What Are The User’s Reviews About CBD Oil for Diabetics?
We analyzed a couple of public forums likeHempWorx, to study what consumers have to say regarding their experiences with CBD are here are some of the responses from highly satisfied customers.
- A consumer posted his experience video regarding the advantage of CBD in people with diabetes. He was satisfied with the beneficial effects towards the aging people. It regulates the blood sugar and maintains the insulin level. It also controls the Chronicles pain among people.
- Another user shared his joy as he was off of four medications in three weeks. His blood sugar never remands normal since the diagnosis, using CBD oil regularly with medicines changed this for him, as he eats anything want with normal blood sugar.
- A consumer from HempWorx shared her testimonial, she was suffering from diabetes, anxiety and thyroid issues tried CBD oil for the first time, within 15 minutes she felt great, relaxed and no heart racing. She managed to get off of her diabetes medicine and enjoying a happy life.
- User consuming Hempworx 500 shared his testimonial that he does not require his diabetes medicines as Hempworx 500 does the job for him.
- A person posted on the hempoil.com that he was consuming CBD oil went for his Diabetes, cholesterol and Triglycerides tests and the results were amazing. All the tests came out to be normal as it did work for him, highly recommended.
Finally on the concluding note, without a doubt, CBD is a secure treatment for the Diabetics, but all the discussion and dosage are just an estimate. The best recommendation for you is to seek professional help in case of ambiguity.
Rate This Article