Hemp is getting a ton of consideration recently. It appears as though everyone is attempting to get their hands on things obtained from this plant. Be that as it may, you may likewise be pondering — what is hemp?
If it’s just a plant with a scope of employment and mechanical purposes, at that point why has hemp been suspect by numerous individuals for the last about eight decades? Hemp’s convoluted history might prevent individuals from utilizing the plant for its valuable impacts. Be that as it may, when you find out about its numerous modern uses, since ancient times, you’ll wonder why there has been such incredible discussion over the subject of hemp.
With the developing enthusiasm for CBD oil advantages and uses, it’s fascinating to comprehend the historical backdrop of hemp and how we’ve turned up at ground zero since old occasions.
Hemp is a strain of the Cannabis sativa plant species with a rich history in mechanical, nourishment and wellbeing related uses. It’s one of the quickest developing plants, and its parts are utilized for many things.
Most Common Hemp Uses
Were you aware of the fact that hemp is one of the most generally used industrial crop? Once, hemp was a standout amongst the huge crops in America — being utilized to make regular items.
Since many decades, the seeds, roots, and flowers of the hemp plant have been utilized to make:
- Building materials
- Automobile parts
- Clothing and textiles
- Cleaning products
- Health Foods
- Animal bedding
- Weed control
- Paint and varnishes
- Body care products
- Rope and canvas
- Water and soil purification
Hemp Growing Certification
The Texas Organic Research Center provides the certification. It is a comprehensive natural organic program, which can help you to grow hemp. The program comprises detailed instruction for:
- Non-toxic pest control
- Healthy Soil Improvement
- Correct Planting Techniques
- Tree Management
- Natural Organic Fertilization
- Crop Protection
Course Chapter Topics
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Organics
- Chapter 2: Soil Building for Increased Plant Growth
- Chapter 3: Best Advice and Tips for Planting in Containers, Beds, and Farms
- Chapter 4: Trees – Part 1 – Planting and Management
- Chapter 5: Trees – Part 2 – Solving Pest Problems
- Chapter 6: Fertilizing – Dry and Liquid Applications
- Chapter 7: Insect Control – Part 1 – Identifying Beneficials and Pests
- Chapter 8: Insect Control – Part 2 – Specific Control Techniques
- Chapter 9: Disease Control
- Chapter 10: Successful Weed Control
- Chapter 11: Making and Using Compost and Mulch
- Chapter 12: Landscaping Design Tips and Installation Instructions
- Chapter 13: Tips for Easily Growing Crops
- Chapter 14: Irrigation Advice
- Chapter 15: Natural-Organic Certification Course Summary
This course will guide you through 15 video lectures presented by natural-organic gardening and landscaping expert Howard Garrett, The Dirt Doctor. There will be a multiple-choice quiz at the end of each video. You can learn at your own pace, and complete the course on your schedule. The videos will be available to re-watch as often as you want to.
You must complete each video and score 100% on the quiz to proceed to the next video. There will be a link to the free 26 page Study Booklet at the beginning of the first three Chapters which will provide helpful information for the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be contacted by TORC and presented with your official Natural-Organic Certification.
There are two pricing options for the course:
- $295 for the Course and Certification with limited support regarding this course.
Get Started Now
To begin, select the Chapter 1 video, then create an account, and pay for the course online.
Note: The videos can be viewed on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Successful completion of all 15 chapter quizzes is required to qualify for a certificate.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact Doug Sheldon at [email protected].